10 Aug Vaccination Guidelines
For well over a year, all of us have been impacted by COVID-19. Sadly, some of us have lost loved ones while others have faced significant financial hardship. This year we thought with the introduction of the vaccine we would be able to move past the pandemic. Unfortunately, due to lower than expected vaccination rates the virus continues to threaten our health, our livelihoods, and our lifestyle.
Our industry and specifically our companies continue to be hurt by the pandemic due to the continued spread of the virus. Although the financial impact on us is significant, what is most important is protecting the health of our team and of the passengers we carry. It is widely accepted that vaccinations give us the best chance to protect all of us from COVID and as a result like many other public and private organizations we are strongly encouraging all team members to get vaccinated.
To assist in this effort we are going to do the following:
- Provide information and resources from highly qualified sources to help each person make an informed decision.
- Expect all management to be vaccinated to live up to “Leadership by Example”
- Allow team members to get vaccinated during working hours so that they do not lose pay.
- Expect all new hires to be vaccinated.
- As a financial incentive, we will pay $200 to each hourly employee that is fully vaccinated by September 30.
- We will measure vaccination rates by business unit and pay $5,000 to each unit that achieves an 85+% vaccination rate. The money can be spent at the discretion of the unit.
- Accommodate team members that have legitimate medical or religious reasons to not get the vaccination.
In order to protect our team members and customers we will also implement the following guidelines:
- Unvaccinated employees will be required to wear masks in company facilities.
- Unvaccinated employees will have to take regular COVID tests when requested.
- Drivers who are not vaccinated will not be able to participate in our pay guarantee programs as it is becoming more common for customers to request a vaccinated driver.
- Traveling to AAAHI locations will only be allowed for vaccinated team members.
It is imperative that we treat each other with respect and acknowledge that there are differences in opinions and beliefs. That said, the decision to get vaccinated is up to the individual but it is not about the individual. It is about the safety and well-being of all of us. We are in this together and we need to get through this together. Let’s get vaccinated and let’s be healthy and successful.
All Aboard America Holdings, Inc
We invite you to speak individually to Yolanda Pitchford, HR Supervisor, for further details and information. 816-325-9739 firstname.lastname@example.org