03 Oct Enjoy Summer Break!
When another year of school is achieved, it’s awesome to have some cool before it’s time to acquire back to the books again. Some families’ plans elaborate vacations and are gone for several weeks, and others like to choose small scale and stay close to home. Despite which camp you’re in, below are 10 things you can do that are simple, don’t require traveling, and will help you create some fun memories as a family.
1 Get out in nature. Go camping. Do some biking on a mountain trail. Get up in the mountains to cook dinner on an open fire. Go fishing. Dust off your rock climbing gear and give the kids an opportunity to try.
2. Spend some time with family. Some people can do this without any travel at all, and if that’s the case, take advantage of it!
3. Try out something new. Whether or not that’s trying a new hike that you’ve never done before, helping your kid make the whole dinner for the first time, signing up for your first 5K, or putting a sprinkler system in your yard, undertaking something different will make things fascinating.
4. Get out and enjoy the sunshine. Bring a lunch and check out the pool or a nearby lake. There’s something about feeling warm rays on your face and seeing some of that wide blue sky.
5. Get some fireworks and BBQs in there somewhere. And what else says summer quite like a BBQ?
6. Spend some time to wonder, and develop it in your kids, too. Delight in the morning dew on a spider web or the crazy fast wings of a hummingbird. Watch a summer storm coming in, dance in the rain, and love the clean smell that comes with it. Lay on your back under the trees, stare up at the leaves, and fantasize. Not all time needs to be scheduled, and sometimes that quiet can help you refocus and reset.
7. If you’ve never done this before, it’s a great way for kids to watch the process of growing food, from seed to table. Getting out there and working together as you plant, weed, and harvest is one way to teach some great life lessons, too.
8. Scoop up some ice cream, read from a favorite book, and then lie on your back and watch the heavens. There’s something about getting lost in that immensity of space and the quiet of the world at that time that is restorative and peaceful.
9. Read a book, cover to cover, and perhaps more than one. Taking time to read individually and with your children is a simple way to think and relax, and books can also present you a new window through which to view the world.
10. Play a card game. There’s nothing like a card game and some good snacks to create the environment for a super fun evening without leaving the house or spending a dime.
And when the end of summer rolls around and it’s time to head back to school, we are here to help take care of the transportation. We provide a safe, reliable way for kids to get to school in the morning, and we’ll make sure they make it home at the end of the day, too.